Job title: Environmental Specialist
Store #: O00117 Health/Safety – 1ICON FHR
Oakley. Designed to push the boundaries of performance. From advanced eyewear technology to apparel innovation, Oakley sets itself apart from the rest. Backed by the power of Luxottica, our athletes and customers expect the best in sports performance and Oakley employees help to fuel this drive
The Environmental Analyst is responsible for supporting the execution and maintenance of the environmental compliance and sustainability policies and programs across the Oakley campus (manufacturing, R&D, warehouse & office). This includes environmental & sustainability reporting and metrics and implementation of projects to drive environmental performance improvement with cross-functional departments, vendors, contractors as well as consultants.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the execution and maintain the programs/training to comply with local, State, and federal regulations for various programs including, but not limited to, Prop 65, RCRA, Clean Air Act/SCAQMD, OCSD, DTSC, Clean Water Act, SPCC and Stormwater.
- Responsible for completing environmental regulatory reports, incident investigations, tracking waste manifests, SDS and VOC reporting, conducting air quality monitoring and other environmental tasks.
- Maintain systems and processes for continuous improvement in Environmental performance and compliance activities.
- Interface with external regulatory agencies, and internal business partners (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Engineering, R&D and Office Staff) on various environmental initiatives including but not limited to: new product, equipment, chemical and process introductions. Work to resolve issues of potential non-compliance and environmental impact.
- Work alongside with corporate and other Luxottica Manufacturing Environmental personnel in the U.S. and globally to leverage global environmental best practices into the Oakley campus.
- Support Oakley’s sustainability strategy. Work with key internal stakeholders to identify sustainability improvement opportunities that support the business goals
- Maintain environmental performance metrics and reporting to internal stakeholders, leadership, parent company and other key stakeholders.
- Work with and support Safety function as needed to ensure consistency in support to business (incident reporting, risk assessments, management of change, etc.)
- Any other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, engineering or related technical field
- 1+ years’ experience supporting & maintaining environmental programs.
- Experience with air permitting requirements in California including completion of air permit applications and engineering calculations needed to support submissions.
- Experience implementing and maintaining ISO 14001 or other Environmental management Systems.
- Possess a thorough understanding of local, State and Federal environmental requirements in California.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to motivate and influence cross-functional teams
- Strong project management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to use web-based applications
- Ability to walk / stand / climb stairs frequently
- Ability to work flexible hours to cover shifts as needed
- Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish a plus but not required.
- Environmental or Sustainability certifications a plus
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Job date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 06:07:59 GMT