Job title: Environmental Service Technician – Environmental Services, Full-time, Days
Company: Northwestern Medecine
>]*$” placeholder=”First Name” type=”text” />
Last Name >]*$” id=”form-field-274e885963″ maxlength=”25″ name=”LastName” pattern=”^[^
>]*$” placeholder=”Last Name” type=”text” />
Email Areas of InterestSelect a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
- Facilities/Support Services, Huntley, Illinois, United States
- Search Browse by category
Radius Search Jobs
Become a part of something better.
Environmental Service Technician – Environmental Services, Full-time, Days Huntley, Illinois Job REQID 827 Job Function Housekeeping Shift Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The EVS Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Cleans and maintains patient rooms, offices, public areas, treatment rooms, and other assigned areas daily, including collecting and removing trash, changing bed linens, and sanitizing all surfaces.
- Follows policies and procedures on patient isolation and contact precautions as necessary.
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in assigned areas as necessary or designated.
- Maintains cart and equipment in clean, working condition and stores in appropriate storage area.
- Promotes safety in the workplace.
- Uses wet floor signs, PPE, not leaving housekeeping cart or supplies unattended.
- Uses chemicals and equipment in an effective and safe manner.
- Uses appropriate chemicals, diluted at the correct ratio, in properly labeled containers.
- Notifies supervisor of equipment needing repairs.
- Reports all safety hazards to manager.
- Communicates to supervisor any issues, including inability to complete schedule and is proactive in dealing with observed deficiencies (reports issues/work requests to supervisor/manager or Call Center, picks up debris outside of regular work area).
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationship with hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Exhibits the ability to articulate designed scripting model to each customer we serve.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so.
- Provides directions or help to patients and customers with finding their way.
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or in lieu of high school diploma/GED, must have a minimum of one year of environmental services, housekeeping, janitorial or related experience.
- Must exhibit the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and staff.
- Must be able to use the proper tracking and communication tools utilized by department.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Three years of environmental services experience in a healthcare or hospitality environment.
Share This Job
Current employees click here to share this job
Want to share this job with a friend? Enter your email address below and click “Submit” to let people know about this great opportunity.
Email Address Submit
Chicago, Illinois Woodstock, Illinois McHenry, Illinois Addison, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Check out our benefits
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
© 2020 by Northwestern Medicine® and Northwestern Memorial HealthCare.
Northwestern Medicine® is a trademark of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, used by Northwestern University.
Location: Huntley, IL
Job date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 03:08:12 GMT