Job title: Environmental Driver Specialist III – Preview CDL B
Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental and regulated waste management solutions. We provide a strengthened infrastructure and a broad portfolio of services for customers who generate regulated waste in virtually any industry. Customers receive innovative and sustainable solutions that safeguard the environment, protect people and keep their organizations compliant. Job Description
The ES III works on-site at various retail stores and perform two functions, applying all applicable federal and state laws and DOT, EPA and DEA regulations: 1) Characterize segregate, package and document various types of retail hazardous waste and 2) Characterize, segregate, package, and document various types of pharmaceutical waste. This position is also responsible for the preparation of all appropriate and required documentation to meet State, EPA, DOT and EPA regulations. * Travel between customer retail facilities, through assigned territory.
- Provide services related to managing retail hazardous waste and pharmaceutical waste as well as characterizing hazardous, regulated, and non-hazardous waste.
- Properly process lab packs and prepare manifests and LDR’s for hazardous waste shipment (according to State, EPA & DOT regulations).
- Maintain / manage own expenses and travel schedule to ensure customers are serviced on a regular and timely basis. Manage route to maintain compliance with 10 day transfer schedules.
- Provide training and support for customers on processes, findings and regulatory compliance.
- Provides written and verbal reports to customer and supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Contacts (Internal/External): Contact with all levels of Customers on a daily basis. Regular contact with many different levels of personnel.
Other: This position works completely independently and provides technical and work direction to lower level team members. This person is first and foremost a Hazwoper trained technician capable of on-site waste characterization, packing and generation of all required documents, driving a truck, not a truck driver who only picks up hazardous waste.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
- Education equivalent to Associate’s Degree in chemistry/biology or a minimum of four years of industry experience is required. Chemistry experience is a plus.
- Four or more years of waste characterization and sorting hazardous waste required.
- CDL Class B required as well as Hazmat endorsement (HazWoper) is also require for transporting waste.
- TWIC endorsement and DEA certification required.
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of RCRA and DOT Regulations as it relates to waste characterization and the transportation of hazardous waste.
- Demonstrates the ability to properly placard vehicle, label waste for transport and complete shipping paperwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Key Competencies (Non-technical Behavioral Skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills), you may just list the most important 7-10, in priority order:
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and understand customer needs; takes appropriate actions to ensure customer needs are met and proactively searches ways to increase customer satisfaction,
- Must be able to work efficiently and independently. Demonstrates ability to manage own time and schedule to get work accomplished and meet customer needs. Identify specific activities required to accomplish objectives, rank them in order of importance and coordinate and take action to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrates the ability to persist with a specific course of action. Must be willing to commit the necessary time and effort to complete work assignments and do a quality job.
- Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and ability to review work for accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to create and maintain a high level of professionalism, confidence and accountability with customers.
- Demonstrates the highest level of Company ethics and values at all times.
- Demonstrates the ability to promote Company services and values in a positive, professional manner at all times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: Hanceville, AL
Job date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 22:11:45 GMT